Ernakulam District Emergency Response Plan
This page describes the categorisation of healthcare institutions, patients and emergency response plan on how to isolate/transfer suspects/patients.
COVID19- Ernakulam Emergency Response Plan 6th April 2020.pdf
District Emergency Response Plan
Ernakulam District Surge Plan Ver 7.pdf
Ernakulam District Surge Plan
Background: The healthcare institutions which respond to the Covid Emergency have been classified into three plans. (Plan A, B and C).
CLASSIFICATION OF HEALTHCARE INSTITUTIONS
Healthcare Institutions in the district are classified into three Plans. This classification is based on whether the institution falls under Government or Private sector and also considering the capacity and facilities available at the institution 1. Plan A Institutions : Institutions under this plan are for providing healthcare services for two types of patients a. All patients who are covid positive b. All patients who are covid suspects needing ICU and Critical Care Support
2. Plan B Institutions : Institutions under this plan are for providing healthcare services for two types of patients
a. All patients who fall under patient category (A) who do not have facilities for home isolation.
b. All patients who fall under patient category (B)
Plan B institutions are government sector healthcare institutions which have facilities for Isolation and Basic Treatment of Covid suspect patients.
3. Plan C Institutions : Healthcare Institutions in the private sector who have facilities for treating Covid positive and Covid suspect patients fall under this category. The services of Plan C institutions will be utilised under the following scenarios. A. When government facilities (Category A and Category B) are overburdened.
B. Covid Positive or Covid Suspect patients who seek treatment at private healthcare institutions and want to continue treatment there itself.
C. Patients in Government sector healthcare institutions who wish to transfer themselves to private healthcare institutions.
Isolation Facility at House (Only if ALL the following are feasible)
1. Single bath attached room inside the house dedicated for the person to be in isolation.
2. One healthy person (without any morbidity/ 18-60 years) at house to hand over food/ basic needs
3. Facility for not interacting with Elderly/people with Comorbidity