Checklist for setting up Digital War Rooms at Collectorates
This page describes the checklist for setting up a digital war room at a district collectorate
- 1.It is mission critical to first internalise clearly the overall mission and strategy so that all action under your command is co-ordinated into a single strategy towards winning the overall mission.
- 2.Your Mission is to protect the healthcare system of the district/state/nation from a meltdown due to overload in capacity.
- 3.Strategy: Load balance human patient inflow into the healthcare system with the overall capacity of the healthcare system of your district. (physical assets+human assets).
- 4.Your Primary challenge: District Collectorates have no live data systems that would give information on either patient inflow or total capacity of the healthcare system at unit level on the ground or aggregate level at village panchayat/district/state level.
- 5.Setting up Critical emergency operations subsystems: You have to quickly operationalise four key subsystems in parallel to be setup in your district.
- 6.These four Critical Subsystems form the core of what is called the CoronaSafe Network that will provide you the most vital data as a district collector to make strategic and tactical decisions.
6.1 A Healthcare Physical Assets Network that connects all physical assets of the healthcare system in your district a. All healthcare assets in your district (All Hospitals, Beds, Ventilators, ICU’s)
b. All ambulances in your district
c. All Primary Health Centers and Medical Stores in your district
d. All Covid19 Sample Testing Labs in your state
6.2. A HealthCare Human workforce Network that connects all human assets in your district including Doctors/Medical Interns/Medical Students/Nurse/Nursing Interns and students/Pharmacist/Lab Technician/Field Health Staff) across all fields of medical profession (Modern Medicine/AYUSH/Dentist) 6.3. An Emergency Logistics Network to move Patients, Food and Medicines from Point A to Point B either in Ambulances or Volunteer Vehicles. 6.4 First Line Treatment Centers at every ward in every panchayat for patients with mild symptoms to visit for treatment and stay under observation for 14-28 days. 15% of patients are expected to require hospitalisation (move such patients to Taluk Hospitals) and 5% are expected to require ICU/Ventilators (move such patients to main hospitals in your district) 7. Finally, this page will guide you on how to setup Digital War Rooms with Dashboards that gives you and your District Emergency Operations centers team access to the CoronaSafe network and necessary training to operationalise the above healthcare subsystems, ambulance subsystems, sample testing systems, healthcare work force networks, emergency logistics network for delivery of medicines and food and first line treatment centers.
<Please note that Ernakulam District (Kochi) has a population of 30Lakhs with ~10,000 hospital beds and around 650 ambulances. The district emergency control room has
- Assign three people to head the healthcare physical assets network
- Create a whatsapp group with all hospital administrators in the district
- Share Hospital Registration Link (https://care.coronasafe.network/) in the group along with message from Collector to register and update hospital data
- RTO (Enforcement) to create a whatsapp group with all ambulances in the district
- RTO (Enforcement) to send a personal video in the group for all ambulance drivers to register online (https://care.coronasafe.network/) as Ambulance and fill in details.
- RTO (Enforcement) to share the SuperHero Mobile App Link (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kerala.superhero.app) for all Ambulance Drivers to install
- The role of the three people assigned initially is to follow up on phone with each person and get the systems live manually by assisting hospital administrators and ambulance drivers.
- Assign one person for setting up human workforce network
- Create a whatspp group of 50 healthcare influencers in the district
- Record a message from collector for healthcare workforce to register with the district administration
- Contact the District Support Team for username/passwords to access to Data dashboard
- Assign two people for emergency logistics network
- Collectors to widely publicise Call for Volunteers to setup the Emergency Logistics Network
- Share the Emergency Logistics Network Volunteer Link <Aisha to add a link that can be used across states with drop down of States->Districts->Village Panchayats
- Share the SuperHero Mobile App to registered volunteers (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=kerala.superhero.app)
- The role of the people assigned initially is to follow up on phone with each person and get the systems live manually by assisting hospital administrators and ambulance drivers
- Assign one person to lead the setting up of Primary Treatment Centers
- This person to learn in detail about the Primary Treatment center and its operational documentation by going over all the links under the heading (Primary Treatment Centers for Corona)
- Wait for instructions.
- Assign one person to lead the Sample Management system (in EKM this is the District Lab Supervisor)
- This system is tightly integrated into the Healthcare system so that subsystem has to go up first.
- Contact District Onboarding and Support Team for username/password for your district and the training on how to use the systems.
- Have one large room where the entire team working on this sits
- Have eight TV screens (42/60inch) setup on the walls with one laptop connected through HDMI cable
- Setup two high speed internet connections from different providers
- Setup a strong Wi Fi Router system that can support upto 50 wi fi connections
- Contact the Knowledge and Support Team for WebLinks and UserName/Passwords to be displayed on each screen.
- For guidance and operational support: email [email protected] with subject line on Name of District - Subsystem for which support is required.
Last updated: 9:00 am 6th April 2020